Saturday, January 26, 2013

Turkey Burger & Spiced Baked Fries

This is what I made for dinner last night. I'm trying really hard to cut out white carbs, plus I'm trying to offer some vegan choices for my daughter. I made some veggie burgers for her but didn't take a pic yet. I'd never made them before and always wanted to. They smelled great and look pretty, but the were a little mushy. I'd probably add more oatmeal next time, or roll them in some panko before frying.

Anyway, these recipes are super easy and very flavorful!



For the Turkey Burgers:
Put 1 lb ground turkey, 5 diced mushrooms, 2 T finely minced fresh garlic, & 2 T Soy Vay Veri Teri sauce into a large ziplock bag. Close tightly, squeezing most of the air out, and massage the ingredients until well mixed. Should give you 4 generous patties. Grill. Serve with Butter/Bibb Lettuce (or buns), swiss cheese, avocado, & red onion...or whatever floats your boat!*my recipe*

For the Spiced Baked Fries:
Slice 2 large Russet potatoes into thick wedges. Toss them in a bowl with a generous drizzle of olive oil and some pink Himalayan salt (Trader Joes, $1.99. Love this stuff!!!!). Bake at 450 for 30 minutes. Flip them over and sprinkle a mixture of 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon oregano, & 1 teaspoon Ancho Chile powder. Bake for 15 more minutes. (I have a new oven, so I had to turn mine down to 425 for the last 15 minutes cuz they were getting too brown.) *This recipe was from FoodNetwork Magazine*

Enjoy!
Shelley
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment