Friday, January 21, 2011

Meatballs



I love meatballs! I had some ground beef and some sausage that I needed to use before going away this weekend. We're moving my daughter into the dorms in So. Cal. tomorrow! I'm going to miss my baby so much!! I'm trying to keep it together until after I say goodbye....then I know I'm going to start bawling! :(

Anyway, these meatballs are a little too brown, but they turned out soooooo good.

Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage (in the tube)
2 t. sea salt
1 t. black pepper
4 basil leaves, finely chopped
1 shallot, diced
4 scallions, sliced (not the green tops)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
4 slices of white bread, crusts trimmed off, cubed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
Canola or vegetable oil
Olive Oil

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Using your hands (yuk, I know...and don't forget to de-bling!), mix very well. Form about 14-16 golf ball sized meatballs. Heat equal amounts canola & olive oil in a frying pan, about 1/4 inch deep. Cook the meatballs in two batches on medium, about 5 minutes per side, or until done in the middle. Drain on paper towels. Enjoy!

I served mine with tortellini & red sauce, but if I had rolls, I'd have made meatball sandwiches! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment