Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stuffed Pork Loin Roast

Isn't this pretty?



I just butterflied a 3 lb pork loin roast, pounded it down to make it a bit thinner and easier to stuff, then layered some chopped kale that I had tossed in olive oil, garlic, pink salt, & pepper, a few slices of Prosciutto, & about 1/2 a cup shredded Fontina cheese. Put a few sprigs of rosemary on the seam, tied it up with some string to keep it all secure, drizzled some olive oil over it, then roasted on a rack with a bit of water in the pan, at 325 for about 45 - 50 minutes or until the thermometer reads 160. Let rest for 10 minutes in some aluminum foil. Drizzle with more olive oil. Slice into spirals. I didn't take a pic, but I served it over a bed of large Northern White Beans & wild rice. Super delicious! ( I know I made something very similar to this earlier this month, but this one turned out a lot better and I was much happier with this one! It might be because the one I did before was a tenderloin, whereas this one was a loin....much fattier, flavorful cut of pork.)

No comments:

Post a Comment