Thursday, December 27, 2012

Roast Beef Po'Boy Sandwiches

I had some leftover standing rib roast after Christmas, so I thought to myself: Po'Boy! Now, obviously, I can't get the same bread as they use in NOLA, so I had to improvise. I got a huge Ciabatta roll from Boudins in the Village at Corte Madera. I made one huge sandwich and cut into manageable sections.

Ingredients:
Ciabatta or other sandwich roll
Mayonaise
Roast Beef with leftover au jus or gravy
Shredded lettuce
Sliced Roma tomatoes
Thinly sliced Kosher dill pickles

Directions:
Cut the roll in half, lengthwise. Smear a ton of mayo on both sides...probably a cup altogether, but whatever you desire. On the bottom slice of bread layer the lettuce, tomatoes, pickles & roast beef. Ladle copious amounts of gravy on top, top it off with the other slice of bread. Cut in half; serve with Crystal Hot Sauce and tons and tons and tons of napkins!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment