Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chinese Chicken Salad


I broke my Italian theme last night and made a Chinese Chicken Salad. I felt like something lighter after all the heavy pasta dishes I've been making. (And I wonder why I can't lose the last 10 out of 15 pounds I've gained this winter! ;) Anyway, my 13 year old wanted nothing to do with this salad, but my husband and I enjoyed it. My inspiration was the bottle of Toasted Sesame dressing I bought last week. Its made by one of my all time favorite food companies: Soy Vay. I use their Veri Veri Teriyaki all the time as a marinade. Its sublime!!

Chinese Chicken Salad

Directions:

2 boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
1/2 cup Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce
2 cups chopped napa cabbage
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 carrot, shredded
1 handful of micro greens (cuz I had them)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
Soy Vay Toasted Sesame Dressing (& marinade)
Cilantro, for garnish

Directions:

Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for at least half an hour. Preheat the oven to 350 and bake the chicken on a foil lined cookie sheet for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool, then slice.

Toss the vegetables (Feel free to use any veggies that you have on hand! Bell peppers would make a nice addition!) and the almonds with the dressing. Divide into two salad bowls. Add the chicken slices, a few more almonds, and the cilantro for garnish. Serves 2 with leftovers. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment