Saturday, November 8, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Soup

Buffalo Chicken Soup (adapted from A year of Crock Potting, who adapted it from RecipeZaar.....but you know me....I always have to make my own changes! :)


Ingredients
* 1 yellow onion, finely diced
* 3 stalks celery, finely diced
* 3 TBSP butter
* 3 TBSP cup flour
* 3/4 cup milk
* 3/4 cup chicken broth
* 2 cups diced cooked chicken***
* 1/4-1/2 cup chicken wing sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
* 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

  • Saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
  • Stir in flour until smooth.
  • Slowly add milk and broth.
  • Add remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally. Serves 4. (I tripled the recipe and it still looks like maybe it will serve only 6)
  • ***I marinated my chicken breasts in Franks Wing sauce & Siracha sauce for about an hour, then I grilled them for about 6 minutes per side on med-high heat. Let cool, then dice.***

    No comments:

    Post a Comment